The first engagement banking experience that is truly backed by science
Tap into your customers’ emotions to activate their intrinsic motivation and trigger lasting behavioural change
Dreams Institute is Dreams Technology’s scientific hub and knowledge centre that collaborates with a network of world-leading scientists to translate behavioural science into business impact. Dreams Institute’s experts bridge the gap between academia and industry to help financial institutions reach their business goals and help their customers to thrive.
The first engagement banking experience to effectively drive customer action
8 years invested into the development of our scientific method by our in-house science team
Over 100 insights from psychology, neuroscience and behavioural economics built into the interface
Research collaborations with 8 worldwide leading institutions and 30+ external researchers
Scientific studies run on thousands of end-users to improve our method
Motivate people to take action and live more sustainably by increasing their financial wellbeing
As with all behavioural change, helping customers go from intention to action is hard. In behavioural science, this phenomenon is called the intention-action gap, and it’s one of the most important challenges to understand and counteract if we’re to help customers take positive action.
To close the intention-action gap and create positive and impactful financial behaviours, we:
→ Reduce stress and anxiety
→ Infuse positive emotions
→ Build financial confidence
→ Increase financial wellbeing
→ Reward progress to build self-efficacy
The Dreams Scientific Framework for Action Creation
Do customers want to take the action?
The Dreams methodology improves motivation by helping end-customers to:
- Connect to their future selves.
- Create an emotional connection to their financial goals.
- Make financial goals social by enabling users to share them with their family and friends.
Are customers able to take the action?
The Dreams methodology improves ability by:
- Breaking down goals into smaller more manageable subgoals.
- Highlighting how small changes in daily life can have a great impact over time.
- Communicating (in language and design) in a way that end-customers understand and identify with.
- Giving the right feedback at the right time to celebrate progress.
- Reward positive behaviours with moments of joy.
Is there an easy way to initiate and sustain the action?
In the Dreams method, we do this by:
- Using triggers where money is saved in response to certain external events.
- Using automatic transfer and thereby changing the financial context for the end-customer.
- Linking saving advice to everyday behaviours.
It starts with a dream
Dreams Technology’s scientific method makes people engage with their finances in a sustainable way.
To form habits and saving identity
By using our tools and Savehacks
By taking steps forward and making their first dream come true
Plan for the future, save more long-term and dare to dream even bigger
Reward positive actions and start enjoying the “Dreams effect”
Take control of unsecured loans to further increase stability
Dreams Technology’s scientific method has proven results for key economical and social sustainability goals.
- It facilitates financial inclusion and equality by attracting younger generations, women and inactive savers
- It activates passive users and turns them into engaged customers
- It influences behaviour by encouraging customers to re-evaluate their habits and form a more mindful approach to consumption and a more sustainable lifestyle
- It makes people engage with their finances and positively impacts their financial wellbeing
For the individual
feel less stressed about money
For the bank
per user per year
For the society
(contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals)